- Location West Bromwich
- Hours Days and Nights
- Job Ref SW1.0
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Support service users with personal care tasks such as washing, bathing showering, dressing and using the toilet. Ensure that people’s rights to dignity and privacy are respected at all times.
- Promote the health and well being of service users encouraging a healthy diet and regular exercise liaising with other professionals to support medical needs.
- Support service users to attend doctors, dentis, physiotherapists and other appointments.
- Follow local safeguarding procedures to prevent report and record any type of abuse.
- Support individuals and promote independent living by helping them to look after their homes and access the community by assisting with tasks such as cleaning, shopping, laundry, preparing and cooking meals and maintaining their home.
- Show respect to each service user and always take into consideration the individual’s age, gender, ethic origin, religious and cultural background, encouraging choice and enabling empowerment.
- Support people to develop person centred support plans, involving families and other professionals and review the plans within the agreed timescales, including identifying risks.
- Support individuals to participate with a choice of meaningful and stimulating activities in and out of the home, including holidays and day trips.
- Ensure all documents are completed as identified within the records policy, are completed to a high standard and are neat, accurate and up to date.
- Complete in house, face to face and e-learning training and any other training identified by your manager, including attending courses at different venues.
- Follow company policies and procedures and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate in staff meetings, supervisions and induction programme and resident meetings.
- Support service users to maintain financial records and adhere to realistic budgets.
- Administer medication as instructed in the company policy and additional local authority policies and complete training with external pharmacists.
- Work within health and safety guidelines and participate in manual handling training.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended.
It is the duty of all employee of Pegasus Care to report any safeguarding concerns involving service users to management.
Please click the link below for the application form and once completed send to email@example.com
You can also send your CV and a covering letter via the below form.